Monday, February 18, 2008

Bargain Hunting

I lucked out on eBay today. I was looking for a Squeezo strainer for processing fruit, tomatoes, zucchini, etc. Normally, one with all three screens would cost over $200, or you could buy the non-deluxe one with only the standard screen. Buying the additional pumpkin and berry screens costs at least $60.00 on top of what you already paid for the basic setup. Fortunately, I was able to find a great deal on eBay, and the Squeezo I purchased came with the three screens. I'm excited about that--having this strainer will really speed things up when we're processing our produce this year. Hmm. Processing produce. Try saying that five times fast.

I also found an electric dehydrator similar enough to the older model I already have that I'll be able to use it if mine stops working, as I fear it's going to do. They both take the same kind of drying trays, so if one dies, I can just swipe a couple of its trays, add them to the one that's still working and keep right on going. Alternatively, if my old one keeps working, I can use both dehydrators at once and double the amount of produce I can dry during the same 12-hour time span.

No comments: